Reproductive Loss is Common - Become an Invitation to Heal
Many of us know someone who has experienced a reproductive loss. When someone shares their pain with us, we may find ourselves at a loss of words or how best to support them. As community educators, we offer Safe Place Training for individuals who want to become a safe place for men and women to disclose loss and being the healing journey. This 3 hour seminar provides understanding and equips attendees with the tools they need to make a difference.
Did You Know?
- 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage.
- 1 in 4 women in the U.S. will have an abortion by age 45.
- These losses can affect men, women, family members and friends.
- You can bring hope and healing.
Our Training Will:
- Broaden your understanding of grief and loss after miscarriage and abortion.
- Explore how to make a difference in the short time you have with a friend, co-worker, client or loved one.
- Provide an understanding of what resources are available and how to use them.
April 10, 2019
1:00 – 4:00 pm
25 per person
Valley Springs Presbyterian Church
2401 Olympus Dr, Roseville, CA 95661
“I’m glad I came… I also received some healing in an incident when I was 19.” – Safe Place Training Participant, January 2019
“I loved the course. I was able to identify losses in my own family and myself. My mom had a stillbirth, my sister had 4 miscarriages and was never able to have children, and I only had one pregnancy.” – Safe Place Participant, January 2019
“I think it is amazing Michaelene (Trainer) is using her voice to bring these narratives to our attention. It takes a great deal of effort to facilitate spaces like hers that are universally inclusive while still being able to make each and every participant feel like they’ve been fully acknowledged. I walked away from her presentation with not only a new perspective, but also the confidence in being able to claim alliance with a community I was originally ignorant towards.” – Safe Place Training, May 2018
No matter who you are or what your story is, our doors are always open and our services are always free and confidential.